Monday, February 16, 2015

A Day in the Poudre

A 60 degree day in february....gotta take advantage of that. Took a quick trip up the Poudre with some friends, including Eric Palmer (the one and only) Laren and Mike (badass dude putting up first ascents in a new area of the Poudre). Warmed up at the hatcheries, which is my favorite place to warm up before a day bouldering in the 420's or Gandalf. After warming up, we went to the king fin area, I tried critical mass (V12) for the first time and was pretty inspired. The line is awesome and every move is in your face. I was able to do all the moves but one. However linking even two moves together was difficult. I then when on to do King-Fin (V4) which was amazing. Next we went to the Black Problem (V9) and I tried that for the first time. It didn't take me long to figure out all the moves and I sent after about 40 minutes; I did however fall on the topout twice because it's pretty tough. After the black problem I climbed Angry Black Man (V8) which is right next to it. Its only a one move wonder but it was still pretty fun. We finished the day on Merlin (V7) a tall and classic climb that I've never done before. I completed it pretty quickly, the crux was making a lurchy move between good holds with bad smearing feet. It was fun to visit four different areas and it's always great to climb new boulders.

Angry Black man
The Black Problem



Toppin out....awh yeee

No comments:

Post a Comment