Monday, February 16, 2015

I decided a long time ago that if I ever climbed V10 I would start a blog, track my ascents and try and get a sponsorship from a brand I respect. My V10 dream finally happened about a month ago, when something clicked in my head and I started actually putting down projects. I'm sure every climber has been where I was; capable of doing all the moves in a project but never be able to top it out. For years I could do the moves on but never link them together, it was very frustrating. After putting down Divergence Sit a month ago, the stress of trying to complete something hard was lifted. When I was climbing, I used to have thoughts in my head like "this foot feels bad" "my fingers hurt" "that looks far away". Once I turned that off my climbing started to improve dramatically. I took a trip to Hueco and sent Power of Silence V10,  Predator V10, Burden of the Beast V10, Swiss Crisp Mix V10,  Free Willy V10 and Diaphanous Sea V11. I came from Hueco and started climbing in the front range and my success continued. On my second day back I took down Eliminator sds V11 and Moon Arete (V10) and got very close on Sitting Moon V12 in horsetooth. All of this happened in about 5 weeks so needless to say I'm pretty psyched. Here's some pictures and a link to a short hueco edit I made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mFR5OfrfkM

Diaphanous!!




Swiss Crisp Mix


Eliminator sds/ Sitting Moon

Moon arete!

Power of Silence

Eric Palmer looking beautiful

Brett Hoffman looking strong af on the PINCH

No comments:

Post a Comment