Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Day at Lory

After almost two weeks of snow, the sun finally decided to show its face for long enough to dry out the boulders. So I took a trip to lory state park with Jake Atkinson, Peter Hurtgen, Laren Cypers and Brett Hoffman. The first boulder we did was called Last Resort (V5) put up by local strongman Will Lemaire. I then when on to try Triton (V11/12) that has a really sharp/crimpy start then reachy moves on slopers for the finish. I managed to do the climb in two sections on my first day on it, so I was really psyched about that. I think I will be able to complete it soon, however I have a hundred other projects I need to do as well. Next I tried the Brick Pinch (V11), this climb involves a really powerful start section followed by a crux move to a tiny two finger tooth. Once you stick the tooth you have to one more hard move to a terrible edge. I was really happy to make a one day ascent of this climb, especially since it seen very few repeats since Sean Drolet put it up. We finished the day on an epic V8 highball called Childbirth, I got pretty close but the top was a little wet and the down climb was totally iced over. Check out my youtube channel athttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6tOWVJewtOtXmLlV9IBHKQ, I will be uploading my send of Brick Pinch very soon!

Brick Pinch

No comments:

Post a Comment